Thursday, November 1, 2007

Manna Deli

Manna Deli -- Greenwood

Price -- Cheap
Parking -- Good (part of mini-mall)
Style -- Teriyaki
Seating -- Seating for 10-15
Speed -- "Quick" food
Review time of day -- 5pm
Reservations -- No
Rating -- 4.0/5

   I love teriyaki. The sad thing is, a lot of places you visit either give you reheated garbage, or incredibly small portions. I've even been to places that charge extra for rice. But, Manna deli has generous portions and seemed to be freshly made.
   Manna Deli is located in a little mini-mall off Aurora, across from Burgermaster. There are a couple dozen parking spaces with lots of turn over, so you should be able to find a place.
   I ordered some spicy chicken teriyaki. I've never gotten my teriyaki spicy before, and I regretted it. Basically, they just seemed to add some of that red pepper sauce that you can find in big red platic containers everywhere. I did get lots of chicken and rice. I got the "salad" in a to-go container, without the dressing even on the lettuce and carrots.
   The food reminded me of Nasai Teriyaki in the U-district. They probably both use the same bulk premade teriyaki sauce. But, that is a good thing, since I love Nasai. The dressing on the salad isn't the same as Nasai, just some rance dressing.
   They do offer a teriyaki sandwich, which is on a 12" roll. It looked good, but I was there for dinner. If you want teriyaki for lunch, it might be something good to try. Chicken Teriyaki cost me $5.99, which is about what everyone charges.

The Good: Cheap, large portions
The Bad: Sad excuse for salad

Manna Deli in Seattle

No comments: