Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stacia's Gormet Pizza & Pasta

Stacia's Gormet Pizza & Pasta -- Greenwood

Price -- Middle of the Road
Parking -- Minimal (half a dozen spaces shared with other shops)
Style -- Pizza
Seating -- 4 chairs to sit in while waiting
Speed -- "Quick" food
Review time of day -- 4pm
Reservations -- N/A
Rating -- 4.5/5

   You know what they say, pizza is like sex, even when it is bad it is pretty good. Well no worries at Stacia's the pizza there is wonderful. Now if you are stuck up and insist that "real pizza" is only tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella on a thin crust or that Chicago style deep dish is the only pizza worth eating, then you are missing out.
   I went by Stacia's ~4pm on a Wednesday. There was no one there, but they seemed to be training a new employee on how to take orders. Now rather than delaying my order while instructing the new employee on how to enter it correctly, they called my order back to the cook out loud so he could get started on it right away. The service seemed genuinely friendly.
   I ordered a "Family meal", which is one medium of their specialty pizzas and a large one topping pizza for $19.99. For the specialty pizza I got the all meat pizza. It has pepperoni, ham, salami, sausage, beef, and bacon. Most of the meats are what you would find at most any pizza place, except the bacon which for once wasn't bac-o-bits and seemed to be cut pieces of real bacon. This pizza turned out to be a little greasy, but I would guess this is probably due to the large quantity of meat they piled on the pizza.
   On the large, I got pepperoni and they did not skimp on the pepperoni and their spicy sauce. The sauce was pretty good, for those of us who usually throw some red pepper flakes on their pizza, it was about that spicy. I was pleasantly surprised to find that their garlic bread was actually bread and not the usual breadsticks made of pizza dough. I got the bread with cheese and I can't believe I'm saying this, but there was actually too much cheese on the bread. The bread was a little soggy, but again I blame this on the abundance of cheese. Although I think they did use soft crust bread and it would be so much better if they used a hard crust bread.
   Overall, this place was great. A large variety of toppings and sauces are available. And for $27, I got enough food for 3 or 4 people, which works out to ~$7 a piece. They even offer calzones, which I will have to try next time I stop by. I would love to see them find a new space for their restaurant where they can have an actual dining room. Do that and fix the bread and they would get a 5 out of 5. If your only exposure to pizza is pizza hut or dominos do yourself a favor and order your next pizza from Stacia's.

Stacia's Gourmet Pizza in Seattle

No comments: